Ingredients for 2 servings
For the vegetable stir-fry
- 200 g Tempeh – in a 5-mm-slice
- 180 g broccoli in small florets cut
- 120 g of whole grain basmati rice – rinse thoroughly
- 80 g red pepper – remove seeds and cut into strips
Liquid ingredients and spices
- 400 ml of water
- 4 TBSP peanut oil
- 2 TBSP Tamari (or soy sauce)
- 1 TBSP Apple cider vinegar
- 1 TBSP peanut butter
- 1 TSP sesame oil
- 1 TSP Yaconsirup
- 1 teaspoon potato starch with 3 TBSP water to mix
- 1 mild red chilli – remove seeds and cut into rings
- 1 stalk of lemon grass into 3 pieces
- 1 TBSP grated ginger
- Crystal salt
- Pepper from the mill
- 1 TBSP finely chopped coriander
Preparation time about 15 minutes cooking/baking time approx 40 minutes
The rice with 300 ml of water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Then the heat greatly reduce, and covered about 40 Min. cook in the oven.
In the meantime, the Tempeh a fat-free pan until Golden brown then fry with 2 TBSP of peanut oil sprinkle, remove from the pan and set aside.
For the vegetables, heat the pan again with the remaining peanut oil. Ginger, lemon grass and Chili in there for 2 Min. fry for a minute. Then stir in peppers, 2 Min. sauté with 400 ml of water and cook for 5 Min. simmer.
Yacon and Tamari, stir in the broccoli to the pan and cook 2 Min. covered to continue cooking.
Then, Apple cider vinegar, peanut butter, and starch, stir and bring to the boil again. Turn off the heat, the lemon grass, take out the Tempeh in the Sauce. Short warm up, season with salt and pepper and with sesame oil drizzle.
The Tempeh-vegetable stir-fry together with the rice on two plates and garnish with coriander sprinkled enjoy.
Nutritional values per Serving
- Calories: 550 kcal
- Carbohydrates: 54 g
- Protein: 18 g
- Fat: 28 g